When it comes to fire safety you can never be too careful. It is important that if you own a building that you have a Gloucestershire Fire Risk Assessment completed. If you are unsure about how to complete this or what your obligations are as an employer you can get advice and support from http://keloscape.co.uk/fire-risk-assessment/.
Here are some facts about fire that you may not be aware of.
- Fire needs three things to exist – fuel, oxygen and heat. You can extinguish a fire by removing any one of these elements.
- When one of these three elements is not taken away a house fire can double in size every minute.
- Fire itself is not a thing, it is a process that culminates in an occurrence or event.
- There are no other planets that are thought to have the right atmosphere for fire to burn. Earth has enough oxygen to make this possible.
- Spontaneous combustion can occur when a fuel source heats up. For example in the height of summer a haystack could become so warm that it catches on fire by itself.
- Trees can explode if during a forest fire the water inside the trunk heats up so much that it turns into steam.